Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Here I Go!!


I'm on my way!
I finished Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone and also took part in the Nest Book Club discussion. I'm really glad I'm rereading theese. It's one thing to read them the first time around and love the story, but to read it knowing everything that happends, you notice all of the foreshaddowing and planning she had throughout the entire series! I'm already starting on Chamber of Secrets. This was my favroite one for a long time. Can't wait to finish it! The discussion for this one is on March 19th!

I also used a new recipie! I made Amish Friendship Bread (and muffins and mini muffins) It's really kind of high maintnence because you have to be given a starter (yeast mixture with flour sugar and milk) by someone else. You have to mash the bag for 5 days, on the 6th day you feed it more milk, flour and sugar and then you mas it for 5 more days. On the tenth day you actually do the baking. Here's the recipie:

Add 1 cup flour, 1 cup sugar and 1 cup milk. Stir. Take out 3 cups and place 1 cup each into three separate plastic containers. Give one cup and a copy of this recipe to three friends. To the balance (a little over one cup) of the batter, add the following ingredients and mix well.
1 cup oil
1/2 cup milk
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla

In a separate bowl combine the following dry ingredients and mix well:

2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1-1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 - (5.1 oz) box instant vanilla pudding (optional)
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup nuts (i put chocolate chips in the mini muffins)

Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Mix and pour into two well greased and sugared bread pans. Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour. (mini muffins cook for 20 minutes)

Here's how mine turned out:


I also have a new bottle of wine and a new recipie to go with it! So I'll put that up when I try them out!
I'm also getting sick of my hair. I can't wait to cut it!!
Today's Song: "Here it goes" -OkGo
"Just when you think you're in control,
just when you think you've got a hold,
just when you get on a roll,
here it goes, here it goes, here it goes again."


2 comments:

Rhyannon Y said...

I finished Chamber of Secrets today! I was hoping to stretch it until the discussion on the 19th, but it just hooks you in and doesn't let go!

I'm ckecking out Prisoner of Azkaban today. :-)

The bread looks phenomenal, BTW!

Emily said...

Thanks! I finished Chamber of Secrets too! I have to put it up here, but I might even have PoA done before the SoC discussion. :D