Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Things I Loved During Pregnancy



Palmer's Belly Butter



I put this on my whole belly, hips and chest every day since I started feeling even the slightest of bumps. I only have a few tiny marks on my belly button, but other than that, I feel like it has kept my skin soft and smooth. It has absolutely made all the difference in my widely stretched out skin. I only went through 4 tubs my whole pregnancy which is less than $20. It also has a calming lavender smell to it.


Tums Smoothies (particularly the Mixed Berry flavor)



I had such horrible heartburn during this pregnancy... it was a miracle to pop a couple of these in at night or during work. I felt almost instant relief. You hardly need to even drink water (unlike regular chalky tums).

American Star Maternity Jeans - Motherhood Maternity



I wore these jeans pretty much every day from abouuut 16 weeks on. The moment I started wearing them I was surprised I had sufficed with stuffing myself into my regular jeans and unbuttoning them when I got full. I've said it a million times and I stand by it, people, we should boycott any sort of pant with buttons and zippers, and all wear these lovely stretch top jeans. Note: Mine didn't go as high, and I usually folded them down like yoga pants (and also the stretchy part was navy, not beige).


Ritz Crackers and Schweppes Ginger Ale



Or: How I survived first Tri. I basically munched on these crackers constantly. And I have never drank so much soda in my life, except that one year I was really into grape soda... Anyway, I never physically got morning sickness, but I sure had a few bad weeks of nausea, and let me tell you the secret is constantly eating carbs (cheerios were good too). And ginger is a natural nausea suppressant. I really felt so much better after half a sleeve of crackers and a bottle of gingerale.

The Boppy Body Pillow



This was an anniversary present (2nd year is cotton, how perfect). So I got it in September, right around Month 7 when everything starts getting uncomfortable. Let me tell you, this solved all of my problems. It might take up a little room in the bed, but Matt loves it too (when I leave for work, I notice he's already snuggled up to it). And the less I move around at night, the less he wakes up from my moving. I sleep on it just like in the picture, sometimes I fold it in half and sit up against it to read and sometimes I shape it like a C and sit in the middle so my head is propped and my legs are propped a little too. It's amazing.


Birthing From Within By: Pam England



I had a ton of different midwives/Douala's recommend this book to me, so I had to read it. It's more of a text book that I skimmed some parts (like the art project ideas and the stuff about multiples). It is filled with amazing natural birth stories from all parts of the world and date back to the beginning of the century. Not only did I get inspired by such a amazing women and their natural births, but it explained so many medical procedures in an unbiased, informative way (for being so gung-ho about going natural that is). I'll write a book review on it later and talk more about it. But basically, if you are even thinking about going natural, pick up this book, spend a few weeks picking up things here and there when you feel like it, because it is big, but so very helpful.


Neutrogena's Oil Free Acne Wash and Moisturizer



Aka: my face washing team. I like to switch things up every so often, so I went back and fourth between the scrubby kind and the regular kind. Both smell amazing, both are soothing and gentle on your face. Pretty much from the moment I found out I was pregnant, I noticed my face rebelling in a horrible way. A week or less after using these babies, my face was smooth and glowing. The moisturizer is a very important step. Without the lotion afterwards, your face is left slightly stripped and dry, so after the lotion, you feel balanced and protected!

Water!



Ok this one is a given, but for real, water solves everything! If you feel crampy or swollen or nauseous, or tired, or have heartburn or a headache, pretty much if you want to live a happy life, you need to drink water. And tons. AND TONS of it. I pretty much didn't drink anything else (after first tri that is). And I know, you'll have to pee on the hour, every hour by the end, but it is so good for you and baby. If someone doesn't feel quite right some how, I always recommend they drink a big glass of water first. :)

I absolutely loved being pregnant and had hardly any complaints, but with these things, what little things I griped about, became no big deal!

No comments: