Sunday, June 6, 2010

Now Down To Business!

Drank some wine:


Cabernet Sauvignon (california)(I think it was 2008?)
Turning Leaf has had good things said about it, so I tried some the other day. It was warm, and at first it was really hard to swallow, but I started really liking it by the end of it. Like I said, I really like wine when it's cold, so I'm sure if I had this one chilled it would have been alot better. Over all, really smooth and not too dry. Definately a red I would have again.



BEST. PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES EVER.
Let's put it this way, I made 4 dozen of these babies for poker night and they were gone by the next morning. And THEN I made 3 more dozen for movie night the next day, and THEY were gone by the next afternoon... so yeah. These. Win.

Double Peanut Butter Cookies

1 1/4 cup flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 (1 stick) butter
1 cup peanut butter
2/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 egg
1 Tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 bag peanut butter chips

Mix, bake at 350 for 10 minutes (the trick is to take them out even if they look softer than they should, and let them cook while they cool on the pan for a few minutes). I also chilled the dough before I cooked them, and I used to flatten the dough on the cookie sheet, but wondering why the brake and bake cookies always turned out so perfectly, I started making mounds of dough and that seems to do better.

The first 4 dozen (which is what they made the first time, I made them a little small) I did the bag of peanut butter chips, but for the next night, I made some with semi sweet chocolate chips, some with m&m's and some with PB m&m's and over all I liked the chip ones better.

I'm scrapbooking tomorrow!! So that's another thing to cross of the list!!
I promise I'm trying to read all of my books... but Nesting is so much easier....

1 comment:

Genevieve said...

Those cookies sounds SO good! I will have to try them out!