Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Summer Stuff I Love:

The Beach


I live here, but I didn't go very much last year because I was working millions of hours to pay for the wedding. This year, I'm all about it.

Old Navy Flip Flops

I really want one in every color. Or at least in more than just white, which is what I have now. These are the cheapest, but most comfortable flips I know. And they come in thousands of colors.

Rain

When it's really hot and it rains it feels like how you feel after you work out and then take a shower. Relaxed!!

The Fourth

I plan on throwing an amazing Pottery Barn meets The Knot Fourth of July party. We'll see how that turns out, but I just want to make a living throwing amazing parties like this. Perhaps wedding planning is the perfect job? (see also: cook outs)


Tank Tops

And these are my new obsession- however, I need to use one of those clip your straps back contraptions to wear these (it's so worth it).

Iced Coffee

Mmmmm it's better than hot coffee because you can drink it right away. Can't you just taste those wonderful breve swirls? Refreshing and renergizing. Which is great because hot days make me drowsy.

Screened In Porch (specificly: Matt's Nana's house)

As much as this is the perfect looking 'lake house porch', Nana's is the most perfect 'beach house porch'. It looks over the water and you can hear the waves and its comfy and peaceful and cool. One of my favorite places in the world. (replace the hard wood floors and fire place with light blue carpet and beach signs/star fish)

CookOuts

Mmmmmmm cookouts....... just look at that yummy food....

And finally:
Being Tan/That Suntan Lotion Smell

Any candle that says anything about the beach or summer, it's gonna either smell like salt water, or suntan lotion. You can't help but hear the ocean waves or feel the heat of the sun when you smell that smell. And having a little color is always nice.

No comments: