Monday, October 18, 2010

For The First Time, I Feel, Wicked!

A Little Bit Wicked by: Kristen Chenoweth



Before I go and talk about this book, if you don't know who Kristin is.... you have to find out. She was in Pushing Daisies, a few episodes of Glee and The West Wing, she was the lead in Wicked and You're a Good Man Charlie Brown, she has like 3 CD's and she's won an Emmy. She's kind of the most amazing person ever.
Watch this and then we'll continue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBJn4BHtqqY

It's ok. I'll wait...


Did you watch it? Is she not a freaking power house for such a tiny lady?!

Ok, so this book. I feel like I just sat down with her and she just talked to me girl to girl about her life. The style is so easy to read and so friendly. I loved reading it. She adds her faith in the Lord and life lessons all into an amazing hilarious tumble through Oklahoma, Broadway and Hollywood and everywhere in between. I recommend it to anyone who loves show biz, Kristin, laughing or learning (or all of them like me!). This was so inspirational and fun to read, I'm so glad I read it.

Would I recommend this book: If you love Kristin, absolutely. If you love Broadway, southern girls or believing that there's good in everyone most definitely. If you want something spunky and easy to read, for sure. Do it.

I also made some muffins!!!

Banana Nut Muffins, a classic.




Ingredients

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 bananas, mashed
3/4 cup white sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/3 cup butter, melted
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon butter

Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease 10 muffin cups, or line with muffin papers.
In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and cinnamon. Cut in 1 tablespoon butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle topping over muffins.
Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.

They turned out really well! Nice and soft and a perfect crumbly topping. I added about a cup and a half of walnuts even though it didn't call for them, and it almost doubled the amount of muffins it called for, which is a good thing!

Reading and Baking. Always makes for a productive, yet relaxing afternoon.

No comments: