Saturday, November 27, 2010

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

So we moved! I think I'll take more now that there are some christmas decorations up.

Also, we got a DOG. His name is Murray. He's two years old, we found him at a shelter. At the current moment, we are fostering him (a test drive to see how he would be with our cats and how the cats would be with him). We are really loving him and the cats seem to be warming up to him slowly but surely. We were talking about getting him a sweater (for the christmas card) and a stocking, so it seems he will be staying and we'll throw an adopting party once we sign the papers.


And instead of one of my '25 things to do' being to run the half marathon, I've decided to be a little more realistic and go with running a 5k or 8k. Theres an 8k in March, a 5k in May and another 5k in August. I'm also going to change saving $10,000 to just taking care of our student loans, because that comes first. I don't want to get my passport anymore, so I changed it to lose 10 lbs... let's see how that works... I also want to change 'Take B/W pictures of baby' to just 'take black and white pictures'. Why wait? I just want to start taking some good pictures in general. While I'm at it, instead of worrying about taking a certain class for a certain job, I'm going to take that out and just put Get a good bible and read from it. (good meaning a kind with footnotes and easy to read passages). One of my biggest problems right now is that everyday I am worried about ever getting a 'real job' and it freaks me out. So I just need to live one day at a time and stop planning ahead. I trust that something with find it's way to me somehow, but until then, I just need to enjoy having hobbies and making little things into big accomplishments.

Speaking of hobbies, I started to crochet. A friend taught me how he does it, so it might not be the best way or even the right way, but I like it. I started on a scarf, but it seems that I am pulling my knots too tight which makes things very difficult to work with. I'm gonna call the one I was working on 'finished' and start over. Maybe I'll have a scarf for NEXT winter...

No comments: