Saturday, November 27, 2010

Winter Love!

Now that Thanksgiving is over, here's the Winter Edition of things I love!

Christmas!! (duh)

Best thing about the winter season? Easy. Christmas. The warm glow of christmas lights, christmas songs, the spirit of giving, it's all so cheerful and loving.

Christmas Cookies!

Going hand in hand with the first one, christmas baking is nothing but theraputic. What is better than mixing up holiday flavors, baking them, decorating every cookie differently while singing to christmas music and then watching everyone melt over how amazing they are? Nothing. Except maybe eating them myself.

SNOW

I really love the snow. I love how it muffles all the sounds outside. It's like dancing in the rain, but you don't get wet (unless it's really slushy snow). Sadly, down here on the beach, we hardly get anything like this picture. It's crazy how in Maryland, you can have 6-10 feet of snow (remember snOMG 2010?), and only 300 miles south, we get maybe an inch and it's such a big deal...

Scarves!!

They are so snuggly and it's so easy to have a million (so you can match). I also don't like to wear hats so this is what keeps my head/face area warm.

Ice Skating

I haven't gone in a while, but I really love to skate when I can. Between the love of dance, and the Mighty Ducks being one of my favorite movies, I couldn't get enough of ice skating when I was younger. I got pretty good for a while there, but got too busy in high school to keep up with it.

Gingerbread Lattes

Can't go wrong with ANYTHING gingerbread flavored. But only when it's cold. It just feels weird year round...

A few things I mentioned in the fall category also applies for the winter including:
Sleeping, Relaxing, Fireplaces, Eating carbs covered in cheese, and Miller's being closed.


No comments: