Monday, June 6, 2011

17 Weeks


Before I start, I'm going to say that I'm so glad I can write this post today. Last night we had a scare and went to the hospital for bleeding. We heard the heartbeat going strong and the doctor checked me out. We were told that it's sort of normal within the first 20 weeks to have some bleeding. I have to be really careful, more a lot more slowly and be a lot more grateful for every moment. That being said, let's celebrate Baby B being 17 weeks grown!




Total weight gain: Well I was full of doughnuts and coffee at the hospital last night, so I was up 3.5 pounds from my starting weight.

How big is baby?: The size of an onion- 5 inches long and (wait for it) 5.6 oz... that is almost half a pound of baby!!

Maternity clothes?: yup, just the jeans still, not showing enough to pull of the cute tops yet.

Stretch marks?: Nope

Symptoms? I'm just now worried about the little pangs I'm feeling. Other than that, my face is staying clear, I'm napping every so often, eating all the time, and rubbing my belly almost constantly.

Sleep?: Didn't do a lot last night between the hospital visit and opening the restaurant this morning, but I got home at 10 this morning and slept till 1.

Best moment this week?: Hearing the heartbeat last night after being so afraid. The nurse was skeptical that she would find it right away because she doesn't do it too often, but the second she put it down it was loud and clear. Almost as if Baby B was telling me not to worry. It was lovely to know how strong and clear it was.

Movement?: Less this week (maybe) than last week. I keep debating weather it's my bubbling tummy or the baby, I'm sure it's both, but I can't tell the difference unless I sit really still and quiet and focus on it really hard. It's still really exciting.

How far along?: 17 weeks!

Food cravings?: I'm really feeling the BLTs this week. On wheat, with mayo and Texas Pete (just a few drops). I'm also really loving doughnuts, juice and I absolutely had to have an everything bagel from the Harris Teeter bakery that I'm eating right now and it's heavenly.

Labor signs?: Nope.

Belly button in or out?: In, but flattening on the bottom I'm noticing...

What I miss: Not worrying about how heavy everything I lift is.

What I'm nervous about: Everything right now. Lifting, the pangs, walking up the stairs, keeping the baby safe.

What I am looking forward to: Going to Maryland this weekend for a wedding!

Milestone: First emergency run to the hospital in the middle of the night. (knowing me, it won't be my last, especially close to the end).

Taking it easy this week, we'll be ok.

Hold on to me tight, hold on to me tonight, we are stronger here together, than we will ever be alone, so hold on to me, don't you ever let me go. -Michael Buble

No comments: