Saturday, June 25, 2011

Anatomy Scan Appointment!!

Baby B is a Boy!



We went to the doctors for our anatomy scan, and it was awesome. We watched as the ultrasound tech measured all different parts of Baby B, head, heart, liver, feet... you name it. We were planning on having her write it on a piece of paper for us to look at together alone, but once we saw, there was no mistake, this baby is a boy! He was moving around a bit, we saw him yawn and kick and roll! It was the most amazing thing I've ever seen. I had to roll onto my side to get some different measurements. His legs were crossed and one of his hands were behind his head. He was chillin' for sure! The doctor said they can never give a 100% about how healthy any baby is, but he said Baby B gets a 97%! Which is high enough for me. He also said I can lift and work to my comfort without worry, which is great. I love not worrying. :) I do have sort of a low placenta, but other than that, Baby B and I are perfect! He's getting really good at kicking! It's for sure kicking now and I love it.

Now for some amazing pictures!!




A lovely profile. He's sort of turning away, you can see his ear, and his ribcage.




This is when I had rolled on my side. You can see his eyes and nose bones and his heart beat!




This is Matt's favorite picture, this was when he was yawning. Stole my heart.




Here's his foot! Look how many bones! Babies have way more bones than a grown person because they start to bond making less bones, pretty cool huh?

I decided to spare you (and the future embarrassment of my future child) the money shot, but you can take my word for it.

Now we can call him HE and say HIS and my BOY. I'm so smitten already. I'm now browsing boy nursery ideas and looking at boy names. I have a special treat planned for Monday when I post about WEEK 20- half way. Oh my lord...


No comments: