Friday, June 10, 2011

One For The Money!


So I finally picked up a book and -you'll never believe this guys- I finished it! I have tried reading about 4 different books since February, and nothing has stuck with me. However, I've fallen into the arms of Joe Morelli and Stephanie Plum with Janet Evanovich's series starting with:

One for the money!



I totally gobbled this up. I tried reading this last year, and for some reason, it didn't really stick and I stuck a bookmark in it (like the rest of my books). I guess I have to find the right book at the right time because this time around, I finished it in about 2 days, which is the fastest I could ever finish an adult book with comprehension intact. Not to mention it's a murder mystery series, which is totally not the first genre I run to (points to Harry Potter), but I really loved reading it. AND I'm already half way though the second one! Thank goodness there are 14 more! I'm totally into this series now.

Would you recommend this book to others:
Heck yeah I would. I know I'm a little behind, but these are so fun to read! It's set in Jersey so it's a little grimy, but she adds comedy and spice to it (plus, I love how she spends detail discussing what she eats and how many showers she takes in this book, just little things most authors don't bother with, but I appreciate it). I laughed, my heart raced at some parts, I truly enjoyed this read. Go give it a shot. (heh- no pun intended).


No comments: