Thursday, February 23, 2012

14 weeks old!

I'm too tired to think up something clever...

Eating: We are still exclusively breastfeeding! Powering through all the minor aches and pains. He weighed 14 1/2 lbs at the doctors yesterday so he's definitely not having trouble growing or eating for sure. It always makes me feel good to hear that from doctors. I did tell her about Jesse's tendency to get fussy around 45 minutes to an hour after he eats, and she suggested trying an elimination diet to see if anything is upsetting his digestion. So we are starting today with lactose and whey for 3 weeks and see if he feels better.

Sleeping: He has had some great nights. 10 hour stretches sometimes. Usually he does 8 hours, a snack at 5am, and then 3 more hours! But the past few days, he's been up 3 times a night to eat. I'm thinking growth spurt, Matt doesn't want to hear me say 'growth spurt' ever again because it's my reasoning for everything. Whatever it is has been keeping us up a lot lately.

Playing: Jesse has found a new love, his index finger. He has not only found his hands, but is smart enough to isolate his finger and put it in his mouth to chew on it. He is also getting really good at sitting up against pillows by himself and pushing himself up from slanting to sitting up! Doctor says we need to do more tummy time even though he hates it. It will help him develop faster (and have better handwriting in the future- crazy!) she showed us how rolling a small blanket under his chest takes the pressure off his belly. He still loves his jungle animal thing!

Me! : Valentine's day was nice! It started off with Jesse and I attending the monthly Breastfeeding Bistro. I got the ladies heart shaped donuts from DD, and there was a great turnout. When I got home, Matt said we have reservations at 6:30 so we spent the day playing with Jesse and around 5, I got ready (skinny jeans, dangly earrings, heels, the whole deal). We took Jesse to Nana's but it was already 6:30! Matt was all "we're going to be late!"... But after we turned back on to our street, I realized we were eating at home. Matt had put music on and had 2 dozen long stem red roses on the table. We lit candles, I drank wine and watched as he made me a delicious meal consisting of fillet mignon, asparagus, garlic mashed potatoes and salad. I had fun dipping strawberries in chocolate while eating my appetizer of bread in that delicious Italian seasoning-olive oil. Mmm. We had a lovely, quiet dinner and then watched an episode of How I Met Your Mother while eating the strawberries. Jesse slept (in his car seat) from 10:00 when we got back home, until 5:30!
I'm pretty sure I'm cutting my hair tomorrow. Eek!

Jesse's up! Time to feed him!

No comments: