Monday, February 7, 2011

Finished a scarf!!

It only took me a few days once I got into the groove. It's thinner than I wanted it to be. My first chain was pretty long, but I guess my next row wasn't as long and I kept it skinny. It's more of a fashion scarf, but it really does keep me warm.


Here's a close up. The yarn was pre-dyed so the blue just pops up whenever it feels like it. It had a mind of its own. I'm pretty proud that I generally stayed consistent.


Since it was so skinny, I decided to make it really long. This is Bear thinking I'm going to let him into the bathroom (he drinks water out of the sink) but we'll pretend he's modeling with the scarf.

I really want to try something else other than a scarf, but I'm nervous to try anything that's not a straight line... I still need to learn to read patterns. As far as completing one of my 25, this is a check! I'm really glad I braved the world of yarn craft, and I may continue further if I have the patience.


No comments: