Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Time Traveler's Wife



When Henry meets Clare, he is twenty-eight and she is twenty. Henry has never met Clare before; Clare has known Henry since she was six. Impossible but true, because Henry finds himself periodically displaced in time, pulled to moments of emotional gravity from his life, past and future. Henry and Clare's attempts to live normal lives are threatened by a force they can neither prevent nor control, making their passionate love story intensely moving and entirely unforgettable. The Time Traveler's Wife is a story of fate, hope and belief, and more than that, it's about the power of love to endure beyond the bounds of time.

Would you recommend this book to others:
Yeah, I really would. It was easy to read because of it's chopped up style. You don't need to get too involved in each setting, because it usually changes within a few pages. It's interesting and a hauntingly beautiful portrait of a marriage through good times and bad. I need to see the movie again since I saw it before the book. It might help to watch it first, it was easy for me to jump right into it since I knew the premise ahead of time, but now I want to see it again. The book is always better, but I really enjoyed the movie too.


No comments: