Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Tasty Tuesdays



Sorry it's been forever since I posted! I was being a slacker, plus we had an impulsive over night stay in Maryland, which left me WAY overtired, not to mention working on p90x! BUT I have alot to post about! Including last night's dinner! So yesterday I had no plan of action when I decided to make dinner, we hadn't gone grocery shopping in a week or so and we can't eat fast food after working out (also the little moths in my wallet can't afford it). I rummaged and threw a few things onto the counter and just tossed something together! So Today is Toss it Together Tuesday! I grabbed what I could find and here's what I came up with.




So from some random canned chicken someone gave us, some sauce, a few different left over pasta shapes, 2 garlic breads and some cheese, I decided to make a breaded chicken marinara?! If we had salad I would have added that to it and maybe I would make this an alfredo sauce next time... but here's what I did!




We had some Italian bread crumbs and shredded parm, so I mixed those together! We had weird canned chunked chicken (this was my first time working with it so I wasn't sure how it would take to the mix. I would use fresh chicken breasts next time).





Since I had the chunked chicken I decided it would work better if I shook it up in a bag. But then I had to use a collander to get the exta cheese and breadcrumbs out.




I tossed the chicken into a high heated and 'pam'ed pan to just get it dark on the edges (since it was already cooked) if it needs to cook, I'd put it on a low heat and cover it with foil for a while.




Meanwhile, I heated up the sauce and added a little half and half to lighten it up (and per request, added some more seasonings. I added rosemary, basil, oregano and cilantro)



While doing all of that, I boiled and drained some pasta and added olive oil to keep it from sticking (as well as toasted up some garlic bread).



Grabbed some pasta, tossed some sauce on it, and layered the chicken on top! Add some parm ontop if you wish, and add a garlic bread!



Candles and red wine (to match the sauce) always make it feel a little more fancy.


No comments: